Friday, February 18, 2011

Blue

Today is a very blue day, and I don't know why. The weather is lovely, I'm feelin pretty good, the boys have been behaving and I haven't had to do any challenging brain work. Maybe it's something in the air? I'm not sure. I'd like to throw myself a pity party, but then I would only feel guilty. Why should I complain when there are people in this world with no food? No warm clothes? No bed. When I'm in a mood like this that does not help me feel better, in fact it makes me more crabby. But it's something to think about.
I stopped and got myself a raspberry mocha on my way home. :) It does make one feel a tiny bit better. And also the maple cream bonbons I have been nibbling certainly don't hurt either. I think tonight I will make time to do something fun. Either papercrafting, or a good chick flick, or maybe I'll bake something fattening and yummy. In other words, something to make my day go faster so tomorrow will come.  I think part of my crabbyness comes from the raise in my boyfriends hours at work which means- less time together. Which is, of course, why I take him lunch. I think I need to stop and be thankful he has a job, and steady work, in a good environment. Yes, I will try that. But I don't think it's bad to miss him. :)  Enough rambling for now, hopefully any of you that are in this 'blue' state, find a way to overcome it. Pour your heart out to Jesus, and ask Him for the grace to get through your day. Because without Him we are nothing.

1 comment:

  1. That's very true! Maybe we need a quick trip to a third-world country to be reminded of our blessings!

    ReplyDelete